Thursday, February 10, 2011
Daddy Cool
2008, Croatia
We are just relaxing, doing nothing. I love this after those many hours of training through these years. The sun is shining, the coffee is done, mom is lying on the bed reading her favourite book and daddy is sleeping on the balcony with his feet on the parapet. (Of course he would say he was just sunbathing with closed eyes.)
We have been in Drvenik several times since my childhood. We always went to the same apartment with the same people. The owner and her family have already become the friends of us. This village is simply lovely. Old men are sitting on benches watching the sea, children are playing in the water, lovers are just waiting to the sunset. Two things are common among Croatian people, as I realized. They are suntanned and they love fish. Especially on weekends, a group of friends just bring one's BBQ out to the streets and start to grill fish. The same is done by fishermen or the owners of the apartments as well. I don't like fish, I can't even bear its smell, but this vision is priceless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A great snapshot and a nice post! Never been to Drevnik, but it sounds like the place to be!
ReplyDelete