Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Obviously not

Firstly I gave this title to my blog because I suffered from the lack of ideas and we (my friends and I) use this term quite often and it just came to my mind after some brainstorming. When one of us asks a yes or no question we might answer like ’Obviously not!’ usually with a serious poker face, but actually just for fun. Let me show you and example. ’Can you give me a glass of water, please?’ asks my friend, when he/she is at our flat. ’Obviously not…’ I answer, but at the same time I have already taken a glass out of the cupboard and started to fill it with some water. I didn’t mean with this statement that I am not going to give him/her drink, I just wanted to emphasize that it was a silly request. Of course I’ll fulfill this wish. It’s obvious and he/she knows it as well, but doesn’t want to be rude.

Secondly there are so many uncomprehending people who come to me with requests in order to do favours, even if I have told them before that I don’t have the time for that. I have my own problems too. If I helped someone twice, three times or more in the past then they always find me to solve their problems again. For instance, I lent relatively much money to one of my acquaintances one or two months ago, but he hasn’t payed it back yet. The day before yesterday he appeared and wanted me to give him more money and I replied ’Obviously not!’. In this situation, the statement has a completely different meaning than in the previous one, because now I don't want to be disturbed with such stupid things.

Finally to tell you the truth I really like this statement. I can express many things with it, I just have to use the stress properly. One of my friends invented this and the others (including me) started to use it as well. It became one of our best creation and we are proud of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment