Sunday, April 10, 2011

Fortune costs £1

My mother’s boss won the price called The Doctor of the Year, or something like this. Mom and Dr Kalmár are kind of friends, moreover his wife was my English Teacher in primary school and we (dad, mom and me) knew their sons as well.

Dr Kalmár was invited to a conference, which was held in Szeged, and he told my mom that she could come if she wanted. She is the head of a department at the Clinics of Pécs, so she ’legally’ had the chance to accompany his boss (by legally I mean that she wasn't invited because she has influential friends.)

They arrived, went into the conference room and sat down onto the chairs. Mom saw a coin (it was 5 forints) on the floor, picked it up and gave it to the boss as a ’lucky coin’. He smiled and told my mom that he would accept it if he could give her a pound in return for the coin. After the conference he gave it to my mom and when she arrived home, she gave it to me in order to bring luck with my exams.

2 comments:

  1. I've just started to read through your posts but it seems to be a lot of reading. How on earth can you devote that much time just for blogging? I intend not to harm you, just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D Nice question. I don't really know. I find time for things that I would do or make with interest. And I don't have time for those things that I don't want to have time for. :)

    ReplyDelete